Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

misspelled again......................

As a child, i fervently wished i had a regular name like joey or roel. My name which came from a city's name half way across the globe is 10 out of 10 times misspelled or mispronounced.

I hate it, I hate it every time i have to register for an event or a raffle promo and someone has to write my name for me, whenever someone ask me " your name please, sir", the first thing that pops up in my mind is "here we go again.....................here are the "things"they spell my name with;

Aris
Irish
Aries
Ires
Iris

I can remember one guy writing down my name as "Angeles"...how worse can it get (question mark here, messed up keyboard), there are times that out of desperation I would make a request to write down my name myself, just to get over with it, and as if misspelling my name isn't enough, most of these people would exclaim (after I write down my name);

"Ah ganun pala.....parang pambabe sir ah......"

Instead of apologizing for misspelling your name, these people would rather "insullt" you for having a feminine name. Talk about manners.

So, what's in a name (question mark here)

While writing this I suddenly grew interested of the real meaning of my name, here's what one website says;
(http://www.kabalarians.com/cfm/DisplayNameAnalysis.cfm)

Your First Name of: Aires


Public Viewing
You can view up to 10 complimentary first name analyses on our web site.
Names viewed: 1    Names left: 9
Become a Premium Web Site member and enjoy unlimited access and extended detail on each name.
Below is a brief analysis of the first name only. For an analysis of your full name and destiny, see our full free Name and Birth Date Report service for further details.
  • Your name of Aires creates a quick, clever mind capable of grasping and assimilating new ideas.
     
  • You are rather studious, mentally challenging each new idea before accepting it.
     
  • Because you learn so quickly you have little patience with those whose mental processes are somewhat slower, and you could become supercilious or somewhat "know it all" in your attitude.
     
  • This characteristic could make you rather unpopular with your associates.
     
  • Although you are very knowledgeable and intelligent, you often find spontaneous verbal expression difficult.
     
  • You crave friendship, understanding, love, and affection but your reserved manner appears forbidding to others.
  • Although the name Aires creates the urge to be reliable and responsible, we emphasize that it limits self-expression and friendly congeniality with a moody disposition.
     
  • This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the heart, lungs, bronchial area, worry, and mental tension.

 Don't wanna accept it, but for the sake of being true to myself, the things mentioned in this "analysis" are almost completely true as far as I am concerned, It amazes me how  a "name" given to you by your parents (in my case, my eldest sister) shape what kind of a person you will be, whether this is a coincidence or not is something I wouldn't know.

My eldest sister who gave me my name, also named my 2 children with same first name:

Aires Jashua (A.J), as if spelling "Aires" isn't hard enough, His second name is "Jashua" instead of "Joshua"
Aires King   (Aqi)

With the meaning of my name that website gave me, I wish I can rename my children.

I bet you are now dead curious about the meaning of your name, Go check. I gave you the website didn't I (question mark)


2 comments:

  1. Below is a brief analysis of the first name only. For an analysis of your full name and destiny, see our full free Name and Birth Date Report service for further details.

    The first name of Marny creates a shrewd, aggressive, business nature, intent on personal gain.

    The desires for independence and financial success have been strong motivating forces from early in your life.

    You are capable of logical and analytical thinking along practical business lines, and could excel in financial fields, law, or politics.

    Your judgment is seldom swayed through your feelings.

    Although the name Marny creates the urge to be a leader and organizer, we stress that it causes a materialistic approach that frustrates higher humanitarian qualities.

    This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the reproductive organs, and tension or accidents to the head.

    ReplyDelete