Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Joserian

It would have been wonderful. It was one of those relationships when I didnt have to worry about keeping it alive because everyone was on our side, Our parents were even talking about getting us married after graduation, Everything was going great, for the first year at least.

It was a time when cellphones are a part of sci-fiction movies, When computers are just used for word processing, a time when we need to talk to a telephone operator to place a long distance call just to be able to talk to each other for a few minutes, the best that we can do most of the times was to write letters three or four times a week and that was through snail mail, yet we were able to keep it strong, Saturdays were wonderful for me back then, it was usually the day when you come home from Manila and see me in the afternoon in Guagua., We just sit there while you play the piano for me and we didnt have to worry about anyone or anything but ourselves.

It was our parents and their pride that started the trouble, They encouraged us to start a relationship which we didnt regret having, and forced us to end it just because of their petty quarrels, thats what we regret or at least that's what I regret, letting that happen was one of the regretful moments of my life, we could have lost each other anyway through those years for one reason or another, but loosing you just because I was told to, because of some petty quarrels which didnt make sense at all was unfortunate and I let it happen.

I am sorry, I lost count of the years, obviously this is a very late apology, but I'll say it anyway.

I am sorry.

Up to this day, I try to avoid seeing you, I try not to talk to you, because what you said about me back then was so true that it reechoes in my mind everytime I hear your name much more when I see you.

I am sorry, for being so weak and for not standing my ground when I had the perfect reason to do so and that was you and the love we had back then. The last time I saw you, you seem happy and Im so glad to see that, It looks like you have someone who can stand his ground for you and that's wonderful.

Stay happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment