Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

can't think of a pseudonym for you.


You came into my life when my view of the world could fit in a box. I loved you more than any other woman who came before you, up to this day there is still a part of me which is hurting every time I think of that day, that day you rode in that red car that took you to that stupid plane. you were crying as you left  and that made the driver to stop in the middle of the road to ask you if he has to drive back to pick me up, i heard you said "no" and during those times I understand what you did,what I didn't understand were the things you did after that plane took off. The last time we talked you said that after so many years we better keep our questions for each other unanswered, i agreed, not because I liked the idea but because I was afraid to know the truth or at least to hear the truth from you and confirm what I already know, that my parents were right about you.

Of course I know I had my own share of mistakes during our time, the greatest of which was loving you too much, I gave up everything, I disobeyed everyone including my God just to have you, I did everything to keep you and you thanked me for all of these by doing things which to my perception considering my upbringing were out of decorum.

Religion was an issue, yes.family acceptance was an issue, yes. your family hated me for believing my own God, your family didn't like me, I didn't like them either, and if you thought my family liked you, after all the times they saw me crying for the same reason that is you, I'm sorry they didn't, they allowed you to stay in my sister's house in the western part of the country because I was crying the whole time asking them to do it for me and not for you. the point was there will always be issues in a relationship, it wasn't the issues that should have mattered, it should have been how we handled the issues, i was exceptionally brilliant in handling issues during those times, my love for you gave me ways on how to dodge the issues and crash them under my feet, my will to keep you gave me reasons to hold on, I was able to keep things going and the relationship going until the biggest issue came out; YOU.

Thank You, for telling me we had a chance when we didn't.
Thank You, for showing respect while disgracing me at my back.
Thank You, for going away and
Thank You, for not coming back, I think that's the best reason for me to thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment