Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Of cellphones, ipods and dslr's

I'm using a very old Nokia e90 communicator for quite some time now, it is the latest of the communicator series of  Nokia which I'm an avid fan of, for those of you whose not familiar with how communicators look like, one word to describe them "ugly", Nokia started its communicator series with the Nokia 9110 which I eagerly purchased with my savings, then came their Nokia 9210, Which I again purchased, then the Nokia 9210i, a liitle difference in features and a lot of a difference in price, which I asked my mom to purchase for me, then the Nokia 9500 (which I asked my mom again to purchase for me), the most expensive phone(slash)communicator that I ever had, then this Nokia e90 that I'm using right now, for some reason I made sure that I'll be able to use every communicator that Nokia will produce, I was looking forward for the next "version" that they will manufacture, but after "loosing" so much money in the resale of my communicators each time a new version comes out, I hope the Nokia e90 will be the last version they'll ever produce.

I used a lot of other models and brands of cellphones in between but the communicator series seems to fit me the best, well then, why do i love the communicator series(question mark here, wish I can find time to replace this stupid keyboard)

here are the technical specs;
General 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 2100
Announced 2007, February
Status Available. Released 2007, June
Size        Dimensions 132 x 57 x 20 mm, 140 cc
       Weight 210 g
Display  Type TFT, 16M colors
 Size 800 x 352 pixels, 4.0 inches
- Second external 16M colors display (240 x 320 pixels), 2 inches
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- Downloadable themes
Sound  Alert types Vibration; Downloadable polyphonic, MP3 ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack No
Memory Phonebook Practically unlimited entries and fields, Photocall
Call records Detailed, max 30 days
Internal 128 MB
Card slot microSD, up to 16GB (requires latest firmware version), buy memory
Data GPRS Yes
EDGE Yes
3G HSDPA, 3.6 Mbps
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11b/g
Bluetooth Yes, v2.0 with A2DP
Infrared port Yes
USB Yes, v2.0, miniUSB
Camera Primary 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
Video Yes
Secondary QCIF videocall camera
Features OS Symbian OS v9.2, S60 rel. 3.1
CPU 330 MHz ARM processor
Messaging SMS, MMS, Email, Instant Messaging
Browser WAP 2.0/xHTML, HTML
Radio FM radio
Games Yes + Java downloadable
Colors Red, Mocha
GPS Yes, with A-GPS support; Nokia Maps
Java Yes, MIDP 2.0
- Push to talk
- WMV/RV/MP4/3GP video player
- MP3/WMA/WAV/RA/AAC/M4A music player
- Voice command/dial
- Organizer
- Printing
- Document editor (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF) incl. MS Office 2007 support via free update
- Photo/video editor
Battery Standard battery, Li-Ion 1500 mAh
Stand-by Up to 330 h
Talk time Up to 5 h
Misc SAR US 0.59 W/kg (head)     0.72 W/kg (body)    
SAR EU 0.65 W/kg (head)    
Price group


There are a lot of things in these columns that I don't really understand because of I'm not really technically inclined, but let's just put it this way;

with my communicator I can listen to the radio or use my music player, send out text messages or make calls, browse the internet or edit my documents ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!!! that is how intelligent it is.

the weight and price of the phone sucks, but at least you'll get your money's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment