Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

To my big nephew

At your age you don't seem to see how lucky you are for having your mother, I understand why you don't see it because I didn't see it myself when I was at that stage of my life, That is why I love you so much because we were both blinded of our youth, a light so glaring that you don't see what you are holding in your hands and you keep reaching for the other side.

There are certain things that I have to remind you. The most important person in your life would always be and should always be your mother. Take care  of her, as she has taken care of you, Learn to say "I'm sorry" , "Thank You" and "I love You" that's the least that you can do in return for everything that she has and is continually doing for you, She would rather loose everything and everyone in this world but you, I know and I am sure about that because I've known her all my life and I know what she can do for the people she loves, and remember of all the people in this world, she loves you the most, so feel the same way for her.

Listen. Listen. Listen
Follow. Follow. Follow

It's the basic principle to guide you, you better believe me when I say I know what's good for you, because I acted the way you are acting today and later on I realized that my perspective of life was so different from what your lola has taught me and I failed in life, I am still at the stage of recovering right now and I don't want that to happen to you, or AJ or AQI, so please listen and do what you are told to do.

Your life is the envy of every kid your age, even AJ who has a better understanding of life than you do can't at times refrain himself from envying the things that you have, you practically have more than what you need, all you have to do is to ask and you'll get it, you just don't realize that other children don't enjoy such luxuries, AJ would always want things just like any other kid, but most of the times he would be contented on looking at the pictures of things that he wants and hoping better times will come for us so he can get some of the things that he wants, while you, you don't have to wait for better times, because "the times" is always good for you, all you need to do is ask.

And because you are in such a very "convenient" situation, I would like to teach you the principle of "reciprocity", It is simply the giving back of whatever you can in exchange of what you are getting, Of course I am not asking you to pay back your mom with money  for everything that you are getting, you simply can't do it and she's not asking for it, YOU KNOW WHAT SHE IS ASKING IN RETURN, I don't need to tell you.

Of all the men in our family, It is me who understands you the most, because I see myself in you when I was younger and I committed so many mistakes in my life and I am trying to prevent that from happening to you or to your cousins, and from the looks of it you are at the brink of falling into the pit. Don't you ever think that your mom is "depriving" you of your freedom, Freedom is such a broad term that you don't have the right to ask for it unless you understand it fully. We will give you the "freedom" that you are asking for when the right time comes for it, In the meantime keep your wings clipped and restraint yourself from flying away because you will surely fall, spare your mom the trouble of picking you up from the ground and healing your wounds. Stay inside the cage until you are ready, believe me now and I'm sure you will thank us later on for restraining you from flying away too early.

I love you so much you BABOY.

1 comment:

  1. when I was reading this letter I am crying til now I am still crying thank you so much for your love and support love you BAPA :)))))

    ReplyDelete